Worth Your Time
A few interesting articles:
- The War on Baby Girls: Gendercide explains how in China and South Korea, among other places, many couples choose to “abort the baby, try for a son.” What’s a feminist to think? Honestly, I’m lost on this one.
- With limited resources available when natural disasters strike, are search-and-rescue teams really the best way to spend money and time?
- Americans don’t really agree what sex actually is, according to new research from the Kinsey Institute.
- Last week I ranted to my father that too many people here tell me, “You speak really good English!”
And I would say, in anger, “My colonial masters taught me well.”
- Not sure what to stick in the next care package you’re sending to Phnom Penh? Any one of these books will make a certain community health worker oh-so-pleased.